The mind and body are wonderfully capable of resisting disease and healing themselves when given proper opportunity through a healthy diet. Since it may be difficult to follow this entire plan immediately, I recommend that you make a series of small steps gradually as you travel the healthy path.
· Eat a widely varied diet of fresh and whole foods mostly in their natural state with minimal processing.
Emphasize mostly (at
least 80%) fresh, organic, and raw fruits (some) and vegetables (mostly) daily. Vegetables may be cooked until raw can be
· Add some raw nuts and seeds. (Most should be soaked prior to eating.)
· Use olive oil, coconut oil, or organic butter. Avoid margarine, shortening, partially hydrogenated oils, and polyunsaturated oils (canola, safflower, corn, etc).
· Drink at least 8-12 glasses of quality water (PENTA, distilled or reverse osmosis) daily.
· Add some fish, poultry, meat, and eggs from organic, range animals if wanted.
· Add some legumes and gluten-free grains (quinoa, brown rice, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, sorghum, some oats) using just ½ cup maximum per meal if wanted.
· Add some milk, yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese from whole organic milk (preferably raw) if not casein sensitive and if wanted.
· Add culinary herbs, spices and salts (such as Himalayan) as needed.
· Your calorie distribution should by approximately 40% protein, 30% carbohydrates, and 30% fats from the above foods at each meal and snack.
· Eliminate tobacco, caffeine, alcohol, refined carbohydrates (white sugar, white flour, white rice), gluten and gluten grains (wheat, semolina, durum, einkorn, spelt, kamut, faro, rye, barley), preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, pesticides, added salt, pickling, cured foods, artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, genetically-modified organisms (GMOs), pasteurized and homogenized milk, oxidized cholesterol (powdered eggs and milk, skim and low fat milk). Do not consume anything artificial.
Some people are sensitive to foods with high oxalates and high histamines. And some people have food allergies especially dairy and wheat. Other people have dietary restrictions due to illnesses and diseases. So, please modify this diet plan as needed to correspond with your current health status and nutritional requirements.
Keep in mind that food is something that we consume for our nourishment and health. If it is not nourishing and healthy, then it is simply not food!